Bulletproof Punk




I think I m not a very romantic person, but I do strongly believe in the notion of romance. Nothing like a hypocritical statement to the start of a blog post eh? Well, there is nt much about this blog except a few random words thrown in here and there, just because I felt the strong, sudden urge to start typing furiously on my keyboard like a hapless madman.But there was something about today that made me wanna think and write...and i wonder why? I asked myself today, what was it about writing that endeared it so much to me! Sure, I m not a published writer, but what was the emotion that overcame me, and tempted me to access Microsoft Word and go clickity-click! Well, there was something...
I have this weird habit of reserving my morning paper for the return trip to the bathroom after a hard day at work. Lately, I ve been averse to the fact that I have to drive.Plus my ecologic and environmental sense kicked in. Why not reduce my own carbon footprint??
Oh well, instead of burning Rs.58.45 on a litre of petrol, why not catch the bus? It s much more interesting, Its airconditoned, plus, there s an additional perk of sitting beside that smoking Swedish blonde in C4 [My girlfriend is giving very dirty looks at her computer and currently wants to kill me]...which of course..i never seem to get...cos the seat s occupied by her burly Greek God of a husband from Maintenance.
I do have a point here...i swear!
Well,the deal is that... I like to read my paper for free.So as soon as I got done with reading the Times, I could nt help but notice a woman [girlfirend eyeballing again], a teacher of literature underling a text that said " people who are romantic,dramatic and passionate are those who think that when it rains, it is because its internal is full of sorrow which overflowed into rain in the world, and when sun is because its light wells joyful spirit in all beings. " - Yes I peek into what people read on the bus..its fun!
I do not know what happened to me ... But reading the text of the teachere of literature made me think that maybe romanticism requires a minimum of egocentrism, because what we need is to find the center of the universe to see the world as a simple extension of itself. Now, people say it s bad to be egocentric,but I think that ego is very much needed. Because, if you dont have an ego, you wouldnt know when and who you surrender yourself to. Love begins when you surrender yourself completely and entirely to someone. Its the point you let go of all that you are and jump out, free falling, in the mere contemplation that there will be a person latched on to your back, screaming beside your ears to the point where it threatens to implode, but then has the common sense to tug at the line that releases the parachute that saves your life. . And so, i did realise that ever sense Shruti had stepped into my life, I actually jumped into a free fall..I realised that I jumped of that plane which held all off my ego, out of my... I was jumping to somewhere I do not know ... somewhere on this planet, into her arms in this city. I realised that my life before her, was like the weather on TV where the forecast was always wrong...until she walked in and lit me with her joyful spirit, as she does with every one around her.
0 Responses