Whenever I'm disappointed with my spot in life, I stop and think
about little Krishh Menon, who lived next to my house at Dora Creek.Kavzz whould remember the kid..he used to be a pain, but he was the cutest lol...he was a kid with Tourette's syndrome...a neural disorder that makes tics give out tics...verbal,digital,auditory signs which might be considered blasphemous in today's well groomed, rat raced society
Krishh was trying out for a part in the school play. His mother, Aunt Nilima told me that
he'd set his heart on being in it, though she feared he would not be chosen because of his condition.He wanted to be on stage and shine through.When everyone stood there laughing at his little mannerisms caused by the tics, which included teachers, Krishh would smile and make fun of himself. But inside, he d hurt real bad and cry. And Ive been part of it. But the funny thing is, after a minute, he d laugh about it.Such was his postive nature.
So, on the day the parts were awarded, I went with her to collect him
after school.
Krishh rushed up to her, eyes shining with pride and excitement and then hugged her.Aunt Nilima was surprised. He gave me this broad grin and said. 'Guess what,Syddie?????'
And then he said....
Those words, will be forver etched in my heart and will remain a lesson to me to always be positive. ....
'I havent landed the part.but guess what I've been chosen to clap and cheer.Without people like me..how can the play be such a hit????'
Little Krishh passed away today....He was diagnosed with Leukaemia a year ago...but was the most positive kid i d ever met..I love u Kishyyy...miss u forever..till we meet in heaven....mwahh...I ll miss u 4 ever


