Comment ca va mes amis? So, here s the topic for today- addiction. Or lets say, my celebration of de-addiction. Addiction can be co-orelated to a spider. It builds a web, silent and beautiful in its spectre. It lures you in with its hypnotising beauty and its promise of el paradiso, but you end up getting trapped. Too little, too late! You d be on the floor, battling its vice like grip. The key to de-addiction is to keep fighting against the current. You just might escape it, at the end of it all.
I used to have 3 major addictions - alcohol, soft drinks, and falling into surface relationships. And here s the key to kicking it all up. Find a meaningful person to share your life with. Kicking alcohol was easy. You promise someone something and then go cold turkey. Today, I m approximately 10 months clean. And I dont miss the bite of warmth against my throat.
The next biggest vice I had was soft long distance relationships. It seemed like I needed company to battle the monotony of work. I craved returning back to someone and feel good about having just about anyone in my life. Whether they used me up, or just got tired of me, or considered a mistake to be the ultimate reason to distrust a year's worth of good. Meeting molu changed all of this for me. Again, u see the hand of a good woman right?
Soft drinks, especially, Coke. My nemesis. Again, cold turkey. I tried kicking this habit earlier and gave in just after a week. Since May 24, I havent touched a drop of a drink other than good old H2O and the occasional lime juice. And I m damn proud of it. I ve been steadily losing weight, and feel all the more healthier.
So, ultimately, if you got the will to kill, habits will die. They will move. Learn to chase your demons, and one day you ll stand at the precipice of that cliff, watching that little coyote scamper off into the sunset. Cheers y'all.


