I got caught in the rain last night.
Yeah...Yet again...
Dont ask me .... It s like the millionth time.I dunno how i manage to get hold of the rain.Animal magnetism ehh??
It's kinda weird that it seems to know when i m recovering from a bad bad cold to shower me up once again.I was not alone though, this time around.Me,Bucky and Arshi,together,wet and shaking, our car outta fuel,parked on the desolate PMG walkpath.
Armed with a string of hard fought luck on our side, this is the icing on the cake i could think of getting.
We had a hard day school hunting for Bucky for his admissions to the Eleventh grade.So,here we go, hiking on a trail sluggin out with crazy goop headed parents to bankin on the last seats for kids at school.Plus,blame the damn CBSE for gettin the Delhi board results 2 days later with respect to the Chennai region.So we were shoddy,grimy,hungry and tired out, when Arshi's car runs outta gas.So, we park it out at the PMG walkpath, and go a hunting for the petrol station.[Umm...a long way off at that].....
And then...
It came down on me almost without a warning. It went from a likeable drizzle to an angry downpour in a matter of few seconds. That's when we scurried for shelter inside this unfinished house.
The gatekeeper at the house didn't mind us standing at the non-existent door waiting for the rain to stop.He was kinda weirded cos of 2 fully grown boys and a young girl in jeans and a spaghetti top.Weirded LMAO. Just when we were done staring at the now desolate road, that I noticed a truck parked in front of the house. A truck full of gravel,two men in its back,with shovels who were dumping the gravel by the road. They continued to work, unaffected by rain, naked except for a flimsy loincloth around their legs.
I tried striking a conversation with the gatekeeper but he didn't speak english,hindi or malayalam. I tried gesticulating,asking him why those two men couldn't come inside the house and finish the job when the rain stopped . He replied but I didn't really get it. I went back to watching them work, undettered, almost unconscious of the weather. I watched them until they became two dark silhouettes in the downpour outlined by their shovels, displaced gravel and the raindrops which now slid off their bodies with increasing ease.
It kinda then dawned on us, that sometimes, whatever the story,you still gotta keep going.
So, in the pouring rain, we ran until we caught an auto, went to the last school on our agenda and got the last registration in.Of course, with added odd looks by the principal of Christ Nagar, of 2 tousle haired boys dripping on his prized granite floor, and a girl squeezing water off her hair like it was a garden mop
It was hilarious...to the viewer, but yet again, the rain got the better of me,.looks like the Cold and Me are meant to be LMAO..
Funny though, when we were all done and quitting, the silhouettes of 2 almost naked men in the rain working,could pump us to do more.I wonder how many such stimuli we miss out in everyday life.Whenever we re down, where do we find those signs to keep us going.
Me, for one, am gonna be on the lookout...as soon as i recover from this goddamned drippy drip sniffy sniff Cold...ACHOOOO...BLEss MEEEE!!!


