
How do I stop my negative thoughts?
This is one question that I have been asked many times. If you have ever asked this question then you will feel such enormous relief in knowing the answer, because it is so simple.
How do you stop negative thoughts?
You plant good thoughts!
When you try to stop negative thoughts, you are focusing on what you don’t want – negative thoughts – and you will attract an abundance of them. They can never disappear if you are focused on them. The “stop” part is irrelevant – the negative thoughts are your focus. It doesn’t matter if you are trying to stop negative thoughts or control them or push them away, the result is the same. Your focus is on negative thoughts, and by the law of attraction you are inviting more of them to you.
I've been to purgatory and back,trying to find myself, trying to find meaning and sanity in this otherwise insane world.A world which appreciates cunningness and shrewdness, a world where people are more appreciated for being jackasses and hounds.This is not a world where the good and kind at heart rule.I,myself, have been described as an emotional fool on many accounts.My ex girlfriend called me a Loser once, cos i Cared too much about things and people.This was my calling,my negativity, and it came to sucha point where the negatives of the people around me started swallowing me whole.This is when, I came out in search for the answer.
And today, i found the answer.In the words of my former neighbor, friend and confidante.It was her son Krish's 2nd death anniversary.Krish was a kid with Tourette's syndrome, and I had mentioned him on my bolg earlier.Aunt Nilima was talking to me about my issues with my pops and all that.And something she said about this, and the problems around me struck out.I had been cribbing about how my life was never going the way I wanted to. I was cribbing on not achieving all what i wanted to achieve. I was also cribbing about how Meenakshi was already living her dream, with being a best selling author and Jhoomur following her in those footsteps, and how I never had time to work in my book.In short I was cribbing about the negativity around me.Thats when she said the most intelligent thing I ever heard...
The truth is always simple and it is always easy.
To stop negative thoughts, just plant good thoughts!
Deliberately plant good thoughts! You plant good thoughts by making it a daily practice to appreciate all the things in your day. Appreciate your health, your car, your home, your family, your job, your friends, your surroundings, your meals, your pets, and the magnificent beauty of the day. Compliment, praise, and give thanks to all things. Every time you say “Thank you” it is a good thought! As you plant more and more good thoughts, the negative thoughts will be wiped out. Why? Because your focus is on good thoughts, and what you focus on you attract.
So don’t give any attention to negative thoughts. Don’t worry about them. If any come, make light of them, shrug them off, and let them be your reminder to deliberately think more good thoughts now.
The more good thoughts you can plant in a day, the faster your life will be utterly transformed into all good. If you spend only one day speaking of good things and saying “Thank you” at every single opportunity, you will not believe your tomorrow. Deliberately thinking good thoughts is exactly like planting seeds. As you think good thoughts you are planting good seeds inside you, and the Universe will transform those seeds into a garden of paradise. How will the garden of paradise appear? As your life!


