
Here's a friendship quote from Marlene Dietrich -- "It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter." Well, as far as I know, the person that this blogpost is dedicated to is most defintely the kind of person that I would without a second be calling, if my pants were on fire, or if I was about to die and I had just 1 minute to make my call to someone.It doesnt need ages for you to find someone who touches your life by something as inexplicable as the IPL, joined by the mutual love of music to finally, being so connected you just cant imagine what it is living without the other.
What is friendship?
There are approx 80,000 people who will think this post is about them. It’s not. That’s the point. :-)
About friendsip,you only learn this by living.After being with her,Ive learnt that a friend is someone I trust to be with me when I am at my weakest and most vulnerable. And they are people who, no matter how painful it is to see, are willing to be with me when I am helpless and weak. If I would trust my life with you, and vice versa, we are friends. It’s not about whether you are trustworthy, or whether you are friendly, it’s the actual act of trust that is the basis of friendship. If I trust you to be truthful, then you’re a friend. If I find I must be careful how I say things, then it’s something other than friendship.
Friendship is not a state of mind, it’s an act. It’s something you do, it’s not about whether you’re good or not, it’s not a reflection of you, it’s a balanced relationship between people. That doesn’t mean it’s always balanced at every moment. Sometimes you “need a friend” and other times it’s the other way. It’s a trust that’s returned. When I was younger and thought I was in love, a friend said it’s not love unless it’s returned. Friendship and love are not quite the same thing, although there’s a lot of love around friendship. I learned that love isn’t even something about two people, it’s a state of being for one person. You aren’t in love, you are love. You are, whether you acknowledge it or not. The heart that’s pumping blood through your body is an act of love, 24 hours a day, whether you’re Mother Teresa or Adolf Hitler. (Sorry for the extreme example.)
There’s a world of difference between being a friend and being a fan. I’ve heard people who I’ve never met say we’re friends. And then of course when I do something they don’t like, I’ve betrayed the supposed friendship. They’re living in a dreamworld. The more popular my weblog has become the more people have this dream. It’s very puzzling to be the object in the middle of this swirl of emotions, I say object because my job isn’t to be truthful, my job is to be who you think I should be. Of course that’s not friendship, that’s torture.
“When a friend changes you can find the bond that’s connecting you at a deeper level. The surface stuff isn’t a good thing to depend on. Physical bodies change as they grow. So do emotional bodies and intellectual ones. Take a deep breath. People move, life is more like a wild dance than a ceremony. You just can’t tell what’s coming next.”
Childhood friends are forever! Examples of such friendships are galore where a childhood friend has forsaken everything for his friend. Such friendships never blossom as we mature and grow old. The friendship that develops between two friends in school or through living in the same locality, often goes on to become everlasting and is never broken by any outside force. I am still in touch with my friend from school [we did study in the same school but had no clue that we were there until 6 months ago] and today, she is like a pillar of support to me, my tank of oxygen if u will. She lives in a different city, but we keep in touch through phone, chat, twitter and email.The bond that forms between two best friends is unbreakable. Such friendships are intuitive, where one friend understands the mind of the other.We ve had instances where we would just end up saying the same thing at the very same time.
The weird thing is that the advance of friendship between her and me would never be even remotely the way that i would have chosen to initiate friendship with anyone.One always tends to remain a cllosed book, despite howeveropen you are. A friend like her, is someone who fits like a crazy piece of a jigsaw puzzle.One would initially wonder, how is that piece gonna fit in this huge puzzle of my life, but you realise that until and unless you get that piece fitted in, the puzzle of my life will never be complete.You also realise that when that piece is fitted, everything suddenly begins to make sense and the rest of the jigsaw fits in quickly and easily, just because you know that she s there for backup. and she ll make everything all right.
So, its all about crazy talk, singin on the phone, texting like crazy, being her bastard boy and she being my whore, callin each other names all the time, playfully fucking each other up, laughing our asses off or wiping each others tears.It makes you share every little thing, however silly it may be.It makes you feel that life is incomplete until and unless you share the most subtle details of your life, to the nano level, and know that you can be blantantly shamelessly brutally honest about it.It s the belief that you wont be judged for who you are.It is all about the unconditional love that she brings in truckloads.Its how special she makes you feel with the single I love you.It s doing the weirdest things together, no matter how far apart yoou are.Its the i hope u sleep well tonight text that she sends.It s the millions of times she wishes she was around you.Its when she envies the people around you just because i touch their lives on an everyday basis.Its the number of times we pretend to be around each other in every situation.Its when I pick out her clothes and she tells me what to make for breakfast.Its when you put the phone down, and miss her the next second on.It s mllions of small little things that makes her leagues above the rest.
Its what shes taught me in the short span of time. It s what she s made me realise about myself.My positives, my negatives, my quirks, my paranoias.She s opened this whole new world for me about myself that I didnt know existed.Some of which are:
* A mildly flaky, unreliable behavior
* An intolerance for predictability (or the ability to go with the flow)
* The ability to amuse people with craziness when I have to
* A tolerance for accepting stupidity and being stupid(being drunk, reckless, messy, etc.)
* A thick enough skin to not take everything too seriously
* A tolerance for little annoyance in the situations other people find themselves in
* Not being too stingy
* I can throw myself into what everyone else is doing and not get stuck in your head
* I'm not too self-focused
* I can contribute to people's conversations
* I am the best for her despite all my flaws.
She s taught me a lot of things in return too...
I've learned... that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
I've learned... that money doesn't buy class.
I've learned... that it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.
I've learned...that under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.
I've learned...that to ignore the facts does not change the facts.
I've learned...that the less time I have to work, the more things I get done.
I've learned... that a smile and a kind word can turn the world around
I've learned...that you can live a happy life despite everything that life throws at you
I've learned... nothing is impossible when you have a backup
I've learned... that when she s in my life, its all sunshine and moonlight
I wanted to thank you for everything you have ever done for me. You have always been there when I needed you, and you were always by my side when times got rough. I want to thank you for trusting me, and listening to me when I needed you to. I wanted to let you know that everything you do means a lot to me even though it seems as if most of it is trivial and stupid. I wanted to thank you for letting me help you, even though I know that you really know how to do whatever it is that I help you with.
It's only been three, almost four months since I met you, but it seems like its been a lifetime. I never really thought that I would get to know you so well, Then I got to know you, and I grew fond of you. I began to see who the real you was,and teh real you is AmAZING
I know that this itself isnt enough to tell her how much i love you, but its a start...We re rockstars BABY!!!!!!



Your the BEST!!!