
Honestly speaking I m a total BOOK WHORE!!!. This I say because for the millions who read books on UFO stories, World’s famous psychopath murderers or Most haunted places on the globe or even Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, even Harry Potter!! Those aren’t exactly considered ‘real’ reading materials. But what to do?? Such am I, the normal reading materials failed to interest me; no thrill, no suspense, not real (even the non-fiction ones looked dubious to me).
But life as they say is unpredictable and the past few months have proved this point in more than one way to me. So like many things mysterious, one fine morning I chucked aside the habit of the past and picked up Ishq And Mushq by Priya Basil and since then there has been no looking back.
And I realized a few things:
a) I prefer brown semi intelligent authors
b) Relatable stories are a must or I end up losing interest
c) Social topics fascinate me,Economics interests me, Biographies tingle me and Novels [Real Ones] get me high
d) Flashy front covers attract me
e) New book smells are so seductive,they give me an instant orgasm.
In the last 2 months aka. my exile from books other than the academic ones drove me into hell.i,as of now, seek recluse, a refuge, an escape as some like to call it. I read. Read a lot. One of the few things that helped me in maintaining my sanity. Though cappuccino continues to top the list.
Here’s a list of books I am doing in Order
* Gay Bombay by Parmesh Shahani
* Goddess for Hire by Sonia Singh
* Animal’s People by Indra Sinha (Not for the faint hearted)
* Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho
*A Million Little Pieces by James Frey
*Light in August by William Faulkner
*The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
*Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez
*The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
*The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
*The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
*Cane River by Lalita Tademy
*Stolen Lives: Twenty Years in a Desert Jail by Malika Oufkir
Enjoy
PS
To all the phoren returned douchebags who think driving their dabbas (aka vehicles) on the opposite side of in-coming traffic is their democratic right – kindly note that it isn’t. And that you are only ruining your karma count by involuntarily inviting choicest of choicest desi-lingual from mere mortals such as myself.
Also on a related note…
The danda (stick) which juts out from the right hand side, just below the steering wheel is what is called an Indicator switch. Push up, left indicator light placed on the back side (and front side) of the car blinks. Similarly push down and the right indicator lights perform their designated duties. And however unimaginable it may sound but they do serve an important purpose.
And by purpose I am in no way hinting the following;
* To signal your chories that sajna is here and the coast is clear.
* To use them as disco lights (similar to what rickshawallas use their stereos for playing dhinchak music).
* Play an April fool’s joke on the one (unfortunately) behind your lame butt by signaling left when you actually mean right.
As mentioned above, they DO serve an important purpose. Therefore make use at all appropriate times. Or else bad karma awaits you.Peace


