Bulletproof Punk

Not one hundred percent sure where im going with this, but as I lay awake the other night, I was thinking about the state of the world in which we live and how ridiculously our world is crippled by corruption, greed, pollution, poverty, loneliness, and the worst disease of them all, Narrow mindedness.

Our worldly resources depleted and used to cripple the every day man financially , millions of people suffering from hunger, through war, by the governments put in place to protect us. Well,do they? Other than raising fuel prices, food costs hitting the roof, and caring about lack of infrastructure, joblessness..any many many more..But, do they care,I THINK NOT!

This is a shitty shitty world, a world without family values, with out respect for one another,I have this friend I met online, A sweet 16 year old Indian - American from Colorado .She was being unfairly targeted by Desi [read non descript] Indians with a high grade of morality running in their veins because she was bold and outspoken in voicing her values and morals...Hypocrites, they will accept any guy that flirts with her, But when she talks to someone, its cheap,demeaning and labelled as flirting..Talk about double standards.

All of this was mulling around in my head and I got to the conclusion that the generations of past had purely concentrated on a world devoted to growth but growth cant be the final outcome the answer to the equation.But, somewhere along the lines of that, suppression of feelings and facts became the order of the day.In my opinion it seems that before the industrial revolution we were on the right track, love our neighbours, families, friends, actually give a shit about something else other than making money! People today like no social values,skills, or hell, they gone so decrepit, that they cant think for themselves.

To me, the way forward seems to be to go backwards re-establish our connections with the world, with nature (not just those animals that can be used for farming, those that can be domesticated) we shouldnt want to live in a world where the only place we can see a live wild tiger is in a fucking cage! Nor should we want to live in a world where there are still people starving.Nor in a world where one is not considered successful unless one has a blue collar job.Neither am I attracted to the fact that we surround ourselves as pussies waiting for the next person to make a stand. And, If someone has the balls to spit what they say, have the guts to stomach it, learn to respect points of view, because the world doesnt revolve around you alone.

In short, World, get a fucking grip. Who gives a shit what car you drive, if anything you should have stones thrown at you for slowly choking our world and our children, I just wish someone actually gave a fuck and maybe we might take a step in the right direction. Individually we cant make a difference but if we all begin to care about whats actually happening in our depressed little worlds we can look forward to a brighter future, Tell me when was the last time you watched the news and saw a completely "good" set with no tsunami's, earth quakes?

I want to make a difference with my life but I cant do that as an individual nor can you, so in short if we dont bang our heads together n stop thinking about our pockets may be we can make a difference.

I know I sound like a new age hippy but Im just sick of the nothingness.

Come the day of redemption and God says " What did you do with your life?" and you say "I did my best" and in reply He says "For who?" the only answer we can all give at present is "for me"

Thats not good enough for me let alone in the eyes of God (if there is one)

I want to be able to say that I was part of making a better world, a more resourcefully peaceful, plentiful world
0 Responses