Bulletproof Punk

I ve been hearing about how much Trivandrum is gonna develop post the Sea port thats coming up, or rather, I ve been hearing the same old thing for the past 10 years.And frankly, today, it has come to the point where the city actually does make me physically sick.Leave the intense smoky shit-su of the city ,leave the complete alienation amongst people of the weirdest kind, leave the self centered-ness that most of the people actually show around here,leave the inabilty of the people to accept any kind of difference that someone else brings, leave even the complete attitude of people wearing a horse's blinder on their eyes, the thing that bugs me the most is, there is no outlet for any fun. Ok, the most people have fun around here is throng the nearest Big Bazaar [yeah, thats what s fun!!] or the closest, is to go to Cafe Coffee Day, or Coffee Beans. Other than that, this place offers zilch.Oh, if you wanna slice of the good times, shell over a 1000 k's at the bar, which sucks, other than gettin your daily booze on.There s no sense of social well being, no warmth that one usually sees.Oh yeah, the closest one gets is having a half an hour drive to technopark, where at least, there s a SubWay [hallelujah].

What frustrates me the most is that you cant even find a decent place to go shopping.The places are crammed with the tackiest clothes that one wouldnt be seen dead in. Im not talking jeans, but, shirts or T shirts. Lemme break the scene down to you, there are officially 7 brands in trivandrum, not counting the "local thengas"[In Mumbai, Delhi or Bangalore, local stores have good collections than the branded ones].So, there s the Reebok store at PMG, the Adidas store at Nanthancode, Style plus [WTF gave them that name??], Scullers/SportsWagon @ GH,Levi's @ UrbanTribe and Levi's Signature at Pulimoodu.Dont even dare to go to Parthas / Aiyappas [People swear by them, they are clothes retail stores,but with enough tack to pin you bum firmly to never go ship again].

So, i went shopping again, despite my friend Anjolie warning me that i would be sorely disappointed.Warning unheeded, I went ahead with my proud ass in my new ride.

Stop1 : RBK. Saw a Kolkata knight Riders jersey.I liked it. I ask the storeboy to get one out in XL. And he goes "Sorry Sir, we dont get people wearing that out, that was just a show piece".I m like "Umm Ok, then give me a converse sneaker"He goes wide eyes as if wanting to say " WTF!!!" I re phrase and say "the sneaker on the huge bill board outside". He goes "Ohh!! That sir, again for show, not available". Last straw dealt, I storm out almost cussing.The same ideals meet me at the Adidas store and Style Plus. Adidas, RBK and Style plus all have shitty crap in there, which are sorely overpriced.Price isnt an issue, but when you look at the shit they sell, you wanna literally beat them down.i go to Levi' s and get disappointed again.I see T shirts for men, which are SEQUINED. WHAT MAN WEARS SEQUINS???? other than Micheal Jackson, or gay people.They have pinks for men with LOVE written on them.GOD!! and its the latest STYLE. I try my luck at Naaz, a leading men's store, and all i get are football jerseys.I'm like OK. Let's see. These people donot understand team loyalty. I would never choose a Chelsea or an AC Milan T ever.God forbid me being caught dead in an Arsenal Jersey. I always choose the national jersey other than clubs. Thats because club loyalty is forever.So, I wanted a Man U or Barca jersey. They were there, but of some loon who sits on the bench.I m totally routed for energy, and angry beyong belief that the city has shit to offer

WHAT THE FUCK !!!!!!!! I hate this. Never again shall iever shop in trivandrum.It s the most frustrating city ever, in the whole wide world

:X
0 Responses